Oahu to Big Island: Black Sand Beach, Waterfall & Volcanoes National Park TourSALE
Embark on an inter-island journey from Oahu to the Big Island for an unforgettable lava viewing experience. Stop at several amazing lookouts along the way.
Get ready for an all day, inter-island adventure that will take you from Oahu to the Big Island to visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and explore the site of the most active volcano in the world. Take this opportunity to stare into the depths of volcanic vents, enjoy panoramic views from the Halema'uma'u Crater overlook, visit the Jaggar Museum, and walk through the Thurston Lava Tube. After the park, relax and taken in the lush tropical setting with a stop at Rainbow Falls, a roaring waterfall that plummets 80 feet into a pool below!
Please Note: Prices are subject to change due to overage fees. If any overage fees should arise after the time of booking, you will be given the choice to either cancel or proceed with your booking.
▼ Read more
GE Tax 4.712% included
- Duration (incl. transportation): 15.5 - 17.5 hour(s)
- Available: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
You can choose either Pick-up (additional fee) or Check-in (free).
Round-trip from Waikiki free x per personRound-trip from Waikiki free x per person
- Inclusion: Admission / Airfare / Guide
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
05:00-06:00 Pick-up from Select Waikiki Hotels
06:00 Check-in at Honolulu Airport
07:00 Oahu to Big Island Flight (50 mins)Hilo Airport arrival at 7:50
Visit Hilo Town, Rainbow Falls & Black Sand Beach・Visit the famous Rainbow Falls
・Drive through the historic Banyan Dr.
・See the beautiful Liliuokalani Gardens
・Stop at Richardson's Black Sand Beach
Visit the Volcanoes National ParkSights Include: Halemaumau Crater Overlook, Kilauea Iki Overlook, Kilauea Caldera & Steam Vents, Jaggar Museum, Visitor's Center, Thurston Lava Tube
19:30 Check-in at Hilo AirportApproximate wait time at airport is 1 - 1.5 hrs
20:30 Big Island to Oahu Flight (50 mins)
21:30-22:30 Drop off at Waikiki Hotels
- Guests who are pregnant are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- Due to health hazards associated with exposure to volcanic fumes, this tour is generally not recommended for persons with asthma.
- Participants must be in good health and capable of comfortably walking one mile on uneven natural paths with ascending and descending slopes.
- Due to airline regulations, there will be NO refunds provided for any cancellations made once your booking has been confirmed.
- Should the tour itinerary, route or schedule change due to unforeseen circumstances, services are non-refundable.
- Guests may not fly within 24 hours of a two-tank scuba dive due to the high risk of decompression sickness.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Closed toe shoes
- Passport required for non-US
- A valid government-issued photo ID
Requirement(s) - Others
- Participants are required to sign a liability waiver at the time of check-in.
- For all island flights or day trips, the name should appear as it is on picture ID (license or passport). The airlines will deny boarding if the passenger's legal name, as shown on their valid government-issued ID does not match the name on their E-Ticket. If a passenger is denied boarding, there will be no refunds.
- All passengers 18 years old and above must present government-issued photo ID (Passport for non-US nationals ) for airline check-in.
- Children 2 years old and above are required to have their own airfare and seat on the tour. Children under 2 may sit on a parent's lap on the flight and the tour with no seat allocated at no charge.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- Lava viewing is not guaranteed.
- DHHT cannot guarantee the viewing of active lava flow. Often, hiking over rough, uneven lava surfaces is required to view lava. Volcanic fumes (VOG) are hazardous to your health. Persons with breathing and heart difficulties, pregnant women, infants, and young children are especially at risk should not consider this tour to avoid potential health problems from exposure to fumes. All passengers are required to sign a release of liability form.
- Flight delays of less than three hours will not cause cancellation of the tour. Delays of more than three hours will result in tour cancellation and refund or reschedule when possible. Delays in return flights are not eligible for compensation of any kind.
- Tours are subject to change without notice and may be affected by variations in departure and arrival times due to weather or mechanical issues.
- We will not extend financial reimbursement to compensate for flight or traffic delays beyond reasonable control of the activity provider, or disappointment if circumstances make it impossible to provide services as intended. Examples may include, but are not limited to: unexpected closure of the lava viewing area, rain, or road closures.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a minimum of 1.
Will I see molten lava?
- Molten lava sightings are not guaranteed because of the unpredictable nature of volcanic activity.
How long do you generally stop at each location
- Stops outside of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park are typically 10-15 minutes. The total time spent inside the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is about five (5) hours.
What is the difficulty level of this activity?
- The difficulty of the hike is easy to moderate. Lava fields are rocky and uneven terrain so sturdy shoes are recommended.
How far in advance should I book this activity?
- We recommend booking inter-island tours at least 3-4 weeks in advance. If you have very specific schedule requirements and are not flexible, please book sooner. Last minute availability is often possible, but limited.
What stops are included on this tour?
- Highlights Include: Rainbow Falls and Liliuokalani Gardens, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Jaggar Museum and the Thurston Lava Tube, Kilauea Visitor Center, Black Sand Beach, Halema'uma'u Crater, Chain of Craters Road, Kilauea Iki, Steam Vents, Big Island Candies and Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after the booking confirmation date will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration incl. transportation||15.5 - 17.5 hour(s)|
|Availability||Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
A fantastic tour of wonderful sights of Hawaii. Well organized and a great tour guide! The guide (YB) was the best guide I've ever had on a tour. He knew how to transfer his love for the island! Very ...more
by: ALAN KUNOVSKY
This was a day trip we will never forget. The whole trip was well organised and the tour guide was knowledgeable and very funny.The highlight was to stand on the summit of an active volcano and at nig...more
We had a very good tour guide and I enjoyed this tour very much.
9970 4 [EN_50112_3816, EN_50112_184866]