Waipio Valley & Hamakua Coast Waterfalls: 4x4 Off-Road Adventure, Kayak & Swim
Explore Waipio Valley by 4WD Van and discover beautiful waterfalls along the Hamakua Coast, with stops at famous cascades such as Akaka and Rainbow Falls. Pick-up available from Kona and Waikoloa.
GE Tax 4.166% included
- Duration (incl. transportation): 9.5 - 10.5 hour(s)
- Available: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Round-trip from Kona, Waikoloa & Kohala Hotels free x per personRound-trip from Kona, Waikoloa & Kohala Hotels free x per person
- Inclusion: Beverages / Lunch / English-speaking guide / Chinese-speaking guide / Snacks / Rain gear
Time & Location
Time & Location
07:00-07:30 Pick-up from Kailua-Kona, Waikoloa & Kohala Hotels
Drive to Waipio ValleyHead toward Waipio Valley while passing through Waimea and Parker Ranch before switching to a 4WD vehicle for a fun and adventurous ride into the Valley.
Explore Waipio Valley & Visit Hiilawe FallsTraverse shallow river streams and pass by taro fields surrounded by native flora and fauna. Marvel at Hawaii Island’s tallest waterfall, Hiilawe Falls, as your guide shares stories and legends of this special place also known as the Valley of Kings.
Waipio Valley Lookout & LunchDrive back towards the top of the valley to the Waipio Valley Lookout. Enjoy gourmet local cuisine for lunch and taste famous Malasadas from Tex Drive-In
Hamakua Coast & Akaka FallsDrive down the scenic Hamakua Coast and visit the towering Akaka Falls, which plummets 442 feet into a stream-eroded gorge.
Swim or Kayak at a Private WaterfallIf weather permits, swim or kayak under a 80 foot private waterfall seen in several Hollywood movies.
Stop at a Tropical Fruit Farm & See Rainbow FallsVisit a tropical fruit farm to see and sample seasonal fruit, fresh macadamia nut. The farm has a private lookout overlooking world-famous Rainbow Falls.
Drive back to Kona, Waikoloa & Kohala HotelsTravel back to your hotel via Saddle Road nestled between Hawaii’s tallest mountains Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa.
17:00-17:30 Return to Hotels
- There is a maximum of 12 people per tour.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- If less than 4 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- Children 5 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Wear comfortable clothing as temperatures generally stay warm.
- Chinese speaking tour guides available.
- You can book a maximum of 12.
- Teriyaki Chicken, Freshly Grilled Fish, Steamed White Rice and a Seaweed Salad.
Vegetarian options available with advanced notice.
- Depending on the amount of passengers, vehicles will either be a 7 passenger Toyota Minivan, 12 passenger Ford Econline, or a 15 passenger Mercedes Sprinter. Each tour takes a maximum of 12 guests, and all vehicles are new and air conditioned!
- Waipio Valley Lookout
Waipio Valley Floor
- Total time at the valley floor is around 1 hour and 45 minutes. About 15 minutes will be spent at the lookout point.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 17:00, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount. (groups of 1-5 people)
Any cancellations made after 17:00, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount. (groups of 6-11 people)
Any cancellations made after 17:00, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount. (private charters)
Taxes & fees included
|Duration incl. transportation||9.5 - 10.5 hour(s)|
|Availability||Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat|