Waipio Valley Horseback Riding Tour
Take a horseback ride through the Valley of the Kings, filled with jungle trails, wet land taro patches, magnificent waterfalls, and more!
Catch an unforgettable glimpse of “Old Hawaii” as you journey by horseback through the beautiful, mystic wonderland of the Big Island’s ancient Waipio Valley, an enchanting place that literally means "land of curving water.” An ethereal sense of Waipio's rich historic past emanates from this valley, completely still, except for the pounding of waves on the nearby black sand beach and working farmers carefully tending their taro patches. Well-trained horses are specifically matched with your riding ability and comfort level. This valley is one of the most beautiful spots on the Big Island!
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
- Guests with heart and cardiovascular issues are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- Guests who are pregnant are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- The riders must not be more than 230 lbs (104 kg).
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- If less than 2 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- Children 8 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Long pants
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a minimum of 1 and maximum of 10.
Do I need any prior experience to participate in this activity?
- No experience necessary, this is a great horseback ride for riders of all levels!
Will we be allowed to run the horses?
- Unfortunately, you will not be able to trot or canter the horses on this tour.
Will there be stops made for picture taking?
- Stops are made along the tour at two locations, each with panoramic views perfect for photos, however no one is permitted to take pictures while horseback riding. Wranglers can, and will, take group or single photos on your behalf.
How many people are there in a tour group?
- The maximum number of people on this tour is 12, and this tour frequently sells out. Please book early to ensure your spot on this ride.
How far in advance should I book this activity?
- We recommend booking at least 1-2 weeks in advance. If you have very specific schedule requirements and are not flexible, please book sooner. Last minute availability is often possible, but limited.
What is the history of the stables?
- Sherri Hannum, a long time resident of Waipio, began Na'alapa Stables nearly twenty years ago, an outgrowth of her fascination with Waipio's rich history and beauty and her passion for horses. The moniker's origin "Na'alapa" is the name of a stunning waterfall on the far side of the valley. Today, Waipio's Na'alapa Stables is a favorite island activity for those who want to get off the beaten track while visiting the Big Island.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 16:30 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Availability||Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
Waipio Valley Horseback Ride was such a great and fun experience for my entire family! The scenery was beautiful and riding the horses was very exciting too. Even if it was our first time riding horse...more
by: Terry Charbonneau
We booked our tour of the Waipio valley with the hope of a different type of Hawaiian adventure. Jaime was our well versed guide. His humour and eagerness to share his vast knowledge of Hawaii histor...more
Horses were well mannered and fit for each individual. Guide was great and had a very good experience.
8195 4 [EN_50107_161911, EN_50107_3815, EN_50107_160185]