Haleakala Summit Sunset Tour with Dinner Instant Confirmation
Witness an unforgettable Hawaiian sunset at the summit of Maui's breathtaking Haleakala on a one-of-a-kind sightseeing tour with a delicious dinner too.
This family-friendly tour provides incredible views from the summit of Haleakala, also known as the "House of the Sun", as the sun dips below the horizon and ignites the sky in an array of color. First enjoy a visit to a charming local flea market, then head 7,000 feet to the Haleakala ranger station, and again at 9,740 feet. As dusk approaches, you will be floored by the cascading colors over the islands as you can see Maui's lowlands and the neighboring islands off in the distance. Your evening will end with savory three-course dinner at one of Maui's most famous restaurants. Amazing!
▼ Read more
GE Tax 4.166% included
- Duration (incl. transportation): 7 - 9.5 hour(s)
- Available: Tue, Wed, Fri
Round-trip from Maui Hotels free x per personRound-trip from Maui Hotels free x per person
- Inclusion: Dinner / Admission / Guide
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
13:30-14:40 Pick-up from Maui Hotels
16:00 Stop at Kula Lodge Marketplace (1 hr)Browse through quality goods made by local artisans, including gourmet foods, apparel and more!
Haleakala Visitor Center (1 hr)Enjoy majestic views of the crater at 9,740 ft.
Haleakala Sunset Viewing (15 mins)Watch a celestial kaleidoscope of colors during sunset time
Dinner at Café O’Lei at the Dunes (1 hr)A delicious three-course dinner awaits!
22:00-23:00 Drop-off at Maui Hotels
- Not recommended for people with heart or respiratory conditions that may be exacerbated due to high altitude.
- People who have gone scuba diving should wait 24 hours before going on this tour to mitigate the risk of decompression sickness.
- This tour is operated on very rough, winding roads. It is not recommended for pregnant women, those with back/joint problems or those prone to motion sickness.
- Wheelchair Accessibility: A transfer vehicle equipped with a lift is available with prior notification of at least one week. Please indicate during booking to secure arrangements. All stops and facilities visited are wheelchair accessible.
- The weather at the summit of Haleakala is unpredictable. Temperatures commonly range between 40° and 65°F, but can drop below freezing at anytime of year due to the wind chill factor. The weather changes rapidly on Haleakala. Intense sunlight, thick clouds, heavy rain and high winds can happen at any moment. Wear lightweight, layered clothing that will keep you warm even in wet weather, and sturdy, comfortable shoes.
- This activity is wheelchair accessible.
- Children of all ages can participate in this activity.
- Guests should not have serious fear of heights (acrophobia).
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Warm clothing
- Closed toe shoes
- If the sunset is not visible due to inclement weather conditions, refunds will not be issued on those grounds alone.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- The menu is subject to change without notice.
- The activity provider does not assume any responsibility for your valuables and/or personal belongings.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- Drinks are available for purchase.
What is the dinner menu?
- Three Course Dinner
Salad: Caesar Salad
Entree: Your choice of:
- Sautéed Mahi Mahi: Ginger Butter Sauce, Papaya Salsa, Steamed Rice, Sautéed Vegetable
- Macadamia Crusted Chicken: Lemon-Caper Butter, Steamed Rice, Sautéed Vegetable
- Napoleon of Grilled Vegetable over Quinoa with a Pesto and Balsamic Reduction
Dessert: Brownie Sundae with Whipped Cream, Caramel & Kona Coffee Ice Cream
Is this activity family-friendly?
- Yes, but families traveling with younger children should be sure to have them wear warm clothing.
How will I know my pick-up time?
- After you complete your booking, you will receive a confirmation e-mail which includes your pick-up time location and time.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 16:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration incl. transportation||7 - 9.5 hour(s)|
|Availability||Tue, Wed, Fri|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
Our driver was very knowledgeable. My wife and I were not dressed for the elements but because he knew there would be quests who would not be prepared he had a couple of jackets and we were very thank...more
by: John J
Tour driver was great. Sunset at the top was great. Overall enjoyed the entire experience
135798 4 [EN_50110_160199, EN_50110_184445, EN_50110_182633]