Haleakala Volcano Sunrise Excursion & Upcountry Maui Sightseeing Tour
Make your way up thousands of feet above sea level to the summit of Haleakala and witness the sunrise at one of the world's most beautiful scenic spots.
In the wee early hours of the morning, before the sun makes it way across the Hawaiian skies, take a comfortable motorcoach ride to the summit of the famous Haleakala Crater, the highest peak on the island of Maui, and then witness an explosion of color as the sun rises above the clouds. This rare opportunity to view paradise from this altitude will easily be the highlight of your visit. On your drive down the windy roads, witness the rugged landscape and beautiful native plants bathed in sunlight as you head over to a local cafe to enjoy a tasty breakfast. What a day!
▼ Read more
GE Tax 4.166% included
- Duration (incl. transportation): 6.5 - 9.5 hour(s)
- Available: Mon, Tue, Wed
Round-trip from Maui Hotels free x per personRound-trip from Maui Hotels free x per person
- Inclusion: Tea / Breakfast / Continental breakfast / Fruit / Cocoa / Guide
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
Haleakala Crater & National Park
Mountain Top Breakfast & SunriseEnjoy a hot cup of Maui Grown Coffee, hot tea, cocoa, delicious pastries & healthy fruit at the tallest point on the island with a stunning view of the sunrise.
Kula & Upcountry Maui
Upcountry Island BreakfastEnjoy a complete breakfast full of wonderful selections from a local favorite, Casanova’s!
Drive through Maui’s “Paniolo Country” of Makawao
- Wheel Chair Accessibility: A transfer vehicle equipped with a lift can be available with prior booking and notification of at least 48 hours. Please indicate during booking to secure arrangements.
- Tour locations and routes may be altered due to National Park advisories.
- The weather at the summit of Haleakala is unpredictable. Temperatures commonly range between 40°and 65°F, but can be below freezing at anytime of year with the wind chill factor. Weather changes rapidly at high elevations on Haleakala. Intense sunlight, thick clouds, heavy rain and high winds are possible daily. Wear lightweight, layered clothing that will keep you warm even in wet weather, and sturdy, comfortable shoes.
- This tour is operated on very rough, winding roads. It is not recommended for pregnant women or those with back or motion problems.
- This activity is wheelchair accessible.
- Children of all ages can participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Wearing long pants, a heavy sweater or jacket is highly recommended as the weather is very cold in the morning at Haleakala’s summit.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- The menu is subject to change without notice.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
What is the breakfast menu?
- Continental Breakfast: Freshly Brewed Maui Grown Coffee, Hot Tea, Hot Cocoa, Pastries and Fresh Fruit
Casanova's Breakfast: Your choice of one (1) of the following: Breakfast Sandwich (Scrambled eggs with bacon and cheese on a freshly baked croissant), French Toast (Real maple syrup and fresh fruit), Vegetarian (Lox and Bagel: Served with cream cheese and salmon, capers, and fresh fruit), European Breakfast (Freshly baked croissant, fresh pastries, fresh fruit, jam and butter), Frittata (Baked eggs with zucchini, onions and sundried tomatoes and Focaccia bread.)
*All breakfast plates served with Coffee, Tea or Orange Juice
*Gluten Free: substitute mixed greens for Focaccia Bread.
Is this activity family-friendly?
- Yes, but for families traveling with younger children please have them wear warm clothing.
How will I know my pick-up time?
- After you complete your booking, you will receive a confirmation e-mail which includes your check-in location and time.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 12:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration incl. transportation||6.5 - 9.5 hour(s)|
|Availability||Mon, Tue, Wed|
|Meal||Breakfast, Continental breakfast|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
Smooth and efficient pick up (@3:30 am! ) great drivers and a super tour guide/driver (windy roads all the way up to the 10,000 ft elevation summit) topped off with an amazing view and lifetime experi...more
by: Family from VA
Tour was easy to book and well organized! Kimo, our guide, was entertaining and informative!! He did a great job sharing his experience and knowledge of Maui. Pastries/coffee before sunrise were...more
112849 4 [EN_50110_160199, EN_50110_163985]