Great day out!Reviewed by: Maisie, 2016/08/25
Me and my boyfriend did the Diamond Head and Hanouma bay snorkeling and it was such a good day out. You got the flexibility to do your own thing and walk around at your own pace but also got a guide to drive you to the places and the guide was great. Gave you lots of information about the areas too which was good.
Advice for going on this trip just make sure you take plenty of water and food as the hike is, not hard but you will need to drink lots. There also isnt a lot of places to get drinks and food along the way (due to visiting national parks and beaches)
Great day out. Would highly recommend and do again!
AwesomeReviewed by: Mackenzie , 2016/08/20
Was an awesome day , can go at own pace and then spend afternoon swimming good gear provided , cheers :)
Snorkeling and HikingReviewed by: Sergio, 2016/07/18
Had a great experience. Homey our drive was very informative and gave us a great tour of the area. Showed us a good time.
Great service!Reviewed by: Matt, 2016/07/11
Affordable transportation and equipment rentals. No complaints at all
Hike & SnorkelReviewed by: Margo, 2016/06/10
We all had a great time on our self-guided tour; no guide needed! We had ample time to complete everything before being picked up for the next adventure.
Too quick but still fun!Reviewed by: Whitney , 2016/06/07
Diamond head hike was a great quick hike up and down. When we arrived to Hanauma Bay, it was 10 and only had about 3 hours for snorkeling and hanging at the beach. We wanted more time at Hanauma Bay, but still very fun!
Dangerous driving and very poor communicationReviewed by: Jamie, 2016/06/06
I purchased the Diamond Head/Hanauma Bay shuttle combo, knowing full well that it was not going to be a "tour" but rather a shuttle service. Totally fine with me, except for the following reasons:
- The confirmation voucher explicitly stated to call the dispatch office if the shuttle was more than 10 minutes late. I called them 10 mins after the expected time and the operator rather bluntly implied that I was being impatient and that "i was the last on the pick ups" and that the driver was close. 15 minutes later, the driver arrived. Turns out I also was not the last on his list.
- This first driver, while friendly, gave conflicting information about the history of Diamond Head to what the official brochure stated.
- When we were picked up, the 2nd driver did not get out of the van to indicate that she was here for us. Because of the very poor communication we were unsure if that was our shuttle and waited for longer than we had to
- Even though we were picked up from Diamond head, the shuttle went back to waikiki to do some more pick ups. This does not make any sense geographically as we then had to drive back past diamond head to get to Hanauma. It felt like a waste of time for us.
- The 2nd driver was TERRIBLE. She was swerving across lanes and I honestly think she fell asleep at the stop light. One of our fellow passengers had to alert to the green light before she moved.
- She pulled aside into a car park at a beach and did not tell us what was going on. We all thought she said "This is hanauma bay" and started issuing us with snorkel gear. We were all under the impression that she was implying that the shuttle ends here, but we were CLEARLY not at Hanauma Bay. Someone asked her what was going on after she asked us for shoe sizes and then she explained that she could not issue the gear at the drop off site and was doing it now. Totally fine if that's the case - just communicate so we're not all confused.
HIKE & SNORKEL COMBOReviewed by: mamamcnj, 2016/04/30
I booked this tour before leaving our home. I almost waited and did the tours on our own, but decided last minute to go with this tour combo. The shuttle picked us up right next to where we were staying. They were late picking us up by about 15 minutes. The driver was an older woman who talked a lot. The hike was great and again we had to wait a bit for our shuttle to pick us up and take us to the snorkeling spot. The day we went snorkeling was a very windy day so snorkeling wasn't much fun and the air was a bit cool. Also, my husband is not an overly large man, but the mask he had was definitely one size fits all. Well, his mask was too small. You need to carry extra large masks.
Hike was great.Reviewed by: Tim, 2016/03/17
Snorkeling at the bay is over-rated. Water is too shallow to snorkel over. Everyone needs to watch a video before going to the ocean. We only had 1.5 hours in the water before having to leave.
Hike to diamond head was wonderful.
Hanauma Bay, Diamond Head, and Mokapu LighthouseReviewed by: Kathy , 2016/03/13
Awesome adventure! The shuttle bus picked us up on time, was friendly and professional. Both drivers we had were great. They gave us plenty of time to explore the area and then picked us up on time to go to the next one. They were also very knowledgable about each place. Would definately recommend this combo tour!