Introductory Scuba Diving at Hanauma Bay
Master scuba fundamentals at Hanauma Bay and swim with abundant, colorful reef life. Dive right from the beach into a safe and protected underwater environment.
Believed to be over 35,000 years old, Hanauma Bay is one of Oahu’s premier ocean destinations. Sheltered from strong currents and waves, this is an ideal spot for scuba diving and snorkeling. Since boats are not allowed to enter the bay, the only way to experience its true beauty is through the water! Keep your eyes peeled for eagle rays, turtles, parrot fish, moray eels and many other unique Hawaiian species on this thriving, colorful reef. Come out and enjoy the calm, beautiful waters of Hanauma Bay on one of the most unique reef dives on the island!
Please Note: All divers, certified and beginner, must be able to complete the PADI Medical Release Form. If you answer "yes" to any of the questions on this medical questionnaire, you must bring a note from your doctor clearing you to scuba dive.
▼ Read more
GE Tax 4.712% & Hanauma Bay Entrance Fee Included
Perfect for the first time or beginner SCUBA enthusiast! Explore the underwater paradise at Hanauma Bay with your expert instructor and guide.
Please Note: Ticket prices vary depending on the activity date. Please consult the availability calendar for pricing details.
- Duration: 3 hour(s)
- Available: Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Instruction / Wetsuit / Scuba diving equipment & wetsuit / Snorkeling equipment (snorkel, mask & fins) / Hanauma Bay admission fee / Guide / Tram ride at Hanauma Bay
Time & Location
Time & Location
Package detail / Schedule Close
- Guests may not fly within 12 hours of a one-tank scuba dive due to the high risk of decompression sickness.
- Guests may not scuba dive if you have any medical issue indicated on the "PADI Medical Statement and Questionnaire". Those with medical issues must consult with a physician and complete the "RSTC Medical Statement and Guidelines for Recreational Scuba Diver's Physical Examination" on their behalf.
- Guests who are pregnant are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Children 10 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Any participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- For safety reasons, guests must be able to communicate effectively in English to participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Please fill out the PADI Medical Release Form prior to your departure for Hawaii. If you answer "yes" to any questions, a doctor's note will be required for participation.
Requirement(s) - Others
- Participants are required to disclose their medical conditions.
- Participants will be weighed upon check-in.
- Participant's height will be measured upon check-in.
- Participants are required to sign a liability waiver at the time of check-in.
- Minors are required to have a parent or guardian sign their liability waiver.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- The tour guide has full discretion to refuse service to customers based on attire, behavior, physical fitness and condition.
- This activity may be changed or canceled for your safety, medical issues or comfort.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- Both certified and introductory divers are welcome, but please be aware that all divers will stay together regardless of experience.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 4.
How deep will we dive at Hanauma Bay?
- The maximum depth for scuba diving at Hanauma Bay is approximately 30 feet. Your instructor will pick the best depth and area for you to be in based on your comfort level and ocean conditions. Sometime getting out through the reef to deeper water is not possible. If this happens to be the case, your dive will be in shallow water. Deeper water does not mean more fish or better diving! Actually, as you go deeper underwater, less light penetrates and the color of the coral and reef fish fades.
Can a person come just to observe?
- Yes, you can definitely do so, but please be ready to pay the admission fee at the entrance.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 17:00 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Availability||Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
This was our first time scuba diving and our instructor was incredible! He made us feel very safe and helped us feel comfortable with the gear. He also took time to make sure we were ready and safe to...more
by: Austin H
Our instructor Nate was very patient, and took us to 15-20 feet on the shore dive. We got to see some awesome things, including an eel, the Hawaiian state fish (the Humuhumunukunukuapua`a, which I can...more
102728 4 [EN_50112_160160, EN_50112_3824]