Guided Diamond Head Crater Hike (Moderate)SALE
Enjoy a guided hike to the 763-foot summit of Hawaii's most famous crater, Diamond Head and ascend to the summit to have an unobstructed view of Waikiki.
Experience one of the world's most famous volcanic craters, Oahu's Mount Leahi, also known as Waikiki's iconic Diamond Head Crater! Located on the southeast coast of Oahu, Diamond Head has long been a defining feature among locals and visitors alike, featured in many TV shows and movies such as "LOST", "Hawaii Five-0", and many more. The hike to Diamond Head leads to the very edge of the crater's rim, offering unrivaled views of the island's volcanic coastlines. As your expert guide leads you up the trail, experience history up close as you traverse the old WWII tunnel and pillbox at the top!
▼ Read more
GE Tax 4.712% included
- Duration (incl. transportation): 2 - 3 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
From Waikiki free x per personFrom Waikiki free x per person
- Inclusion: Backpack / Admission / Certificate / Guide / Walking Stick
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
07:30-08:15 Pick-up from Select Waikiki Hotels
08:00 Diamond Head Crater Hike (2 hrs)
10:00-10:30 Drop-off at Waikiki Hotels
- There will be no rescheduling allowed within 24 hours of your activity. If you miss your activity for any reason and would like to reschedule, you will be assessed a 100% charge of the full activity cost.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Children 5 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Closed toe shoes
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Large luggage (skis, surfboards, non-collapsible wheelchairs, golf bags, etc.) are allowed for an additional fee
- Transportation is not available from Ko Olina Hotels, Turtle Bay Resort, or the Kahala Resort and Spa. If you are staying at one of these locations your pick-up will be scheduled at the nearest Waikiki hotel possible.
- Please note that pick-up times are approximate and could be up to 25-minutes later than your listed pick-up time.
Is this activity suitable for children?
- Children under 5 years old are not permitted to participate in this tour. This hike is rated as moderate and depending on your child's ability we would recommend this tour for children ages 6 and up.
Should I bring bug spray on this tour?
- There is no need to bring bug spray on this tour. You will not be walking through the rainforests or other mosquito/bug areas on this tour.
Can I bring my own snacks and drinks?
- You are welcome to bring your own food and drinks along however you are requested to not eat on the buses, you are welcome to eat at the stops. Bottled water is recommended. Please dispose of trash properly at each location.
Is giving a tip (gratuity) required?
- Gratuity is never required, but if you enjoyed your experience a tip is always greatly appreciated!
How far in advance should I book this activity?
- We recommend booking at least 1-2 weeks in advance. If you have very specific schedule requirements and are not flexible, please book sooner. Last minute availability is often possible, but limited.
How strenuous is this activity?
- Hike is rated easy to moderate with a 1.4 mile (2.3km) round-trip hike gains 560 feet in elevation from the trail head to the summit. Parts can be steep and strenuous and includes uneven ground and numerous switchbacks traversing the slope of the crater interior. Portions of the trail include steep stairways and a lighted narrow tunnel.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 17:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration incl. transportation||2 - 3 hour(s)|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
We were picked up with no problems exactly on time. Our tour guide was friendly and gave us great information about the area. The hike was not difficult and not rushed. Really good value for money.
by: Massachusetts Jim
Our hike was guided by Bethany. She was awesome, sheexactly described the hike and set our expectations, the path, water and photo opportunities. She also advised us on group meet-up locations, le...more
by: Mr. Mrs rodriguez
Our tour guide Justin was the best! He was super friendly and had a wealth of information on places to visit during our stay. He made the tour extra fun!!! Thank you!