Oahu to Big Island: Volcano Helicopter Expedition & Motorcoach Sightseeing Tour
Witness the beauty of the Big Island's Hawaii Volcanoes National Park by air and land on a helicopter flight and bus tour on a one day expedition from Oahu.
Embark on a thrilling adventure to the Big Island of Hawaii and experience the rugged and scenic vistas on a luxury helicopter flight as well as a comfortable sightseeing ground tour to the island's most popular destinations. After arriving into Hilo, get ready to take flight on a 50 minute expedition over Kilauea Volcano, craters and lava fields. After you land, climb aboard a motorcoach to head out to explore Rainbow Falls before making your way to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. The narrated volcano adventure even features a hike over the lava flow that covered the village of Kalapana.
|Individual Weight Limit||
249 lbs (112 kg)
Please Note: Prices are subject to change due to overage fees. If any overage fees should arise after the time of booking, you will be given the choice to either cancel or proceed with your booking.
▼ Read more
GE Tax 4.712% included
Have a helicopter flight and sightseeing adventure through the beautiful scenic sites of the Big Island's volcanic wonderland.
Please Note: Ticket prices vary depending on the activity date. Please consult the availability calendar for pricing details.
- Duration (incl. transportation): 16 - 17 hour(s)
- Available: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
You can choose either Pick-up (additional fee) or Check-in (free).
Round-trip from Waikiki free x per personRound-trip from Waikiki free x per person
- Inclusion: Admission / Airfare / Guide / Circle of Fire Helicopter Tour [A-Star]
Comfort Seat (for guests over 260 lbs) + USD 114.72
Comfort Seat (for guests over 260 lbs) + USD 114.72
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
05:00-05:30 Check-in at Honolulu Airport & Pick-up from Waikiki Hotels
07:30 Oahu to Big Island Flight (1 hr)Hilo Airport arrival at 8:30
09:00 Circle of Fire Flight by Blue Hawaiian Helicopters [A-Star] (50 min)Sights includes:
・Search for the Lava Flow Activity at Kilauea Crater
Rainbow FallsDrive through this historic Hilo town, cruise along scenic Banyan Drive and witness the resounding and deafening sound of this 80-foot waterfall as it rushes into a large pool below, almost 100 feet in width.
Akatsuka Orchid GardensVisit an orchid & anthurium nursery!
Lunch Stop at Volcano House Restaurant*Meal is not included on the tour
Explore the Volcanoes National ParkSights might include: Halema‘uma‘u Crater, Fern Tree Jungle,Thurston Lava Tube, Kilauea Iki Crater, Jagger Museum, Steam Vents & Chain of Craters Road.
18:00 Check-in at Hilo Airport (1 hr)Approximate wait time at airport is 1.5 - 2 hrs
20:00 Big Island to Oahu Flight (1 hr)
21:30-22:00 Return to Honolulu Airport & Drop-off at Waikiki Hotels
- Guests may not fly within 24 hours of a two-tank scuba dive due to the high risk of decompression sickness.
- Guests who are pregnant are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- This activity is wheelchair accessible.
- Children of all ages can participate in this activity.
- Due to health hazards associated with exposure to volcanic fumes, this tour is generally not recommended for persons with asthma. Volcanic fumes (VOG) are hazardous to your health. Persons with breathing and heart difficulties, pregnant women, infants, and young children are especially at risk should not consider this tour to avoid potential health problems from exposure to fumes.
- Participants must be in good health and capable of comfortably walking one mile on uneven natural paths with ascending and descending slopes.
- Wheel Chair Accessibility: All stops are accessible except for the Thurston Lava Tube. A transfer vehicle equipped with a lift if available with at least 72 hours advanced notice. The total combined weight for both the passenger and wheelchair may not exceed 600 lbs (272 kg).
- Tour dates may be fully booked at the price listed due to the limited availability of airline tickets. However, the date may be available for an additional fee. Additional fees vary depending on availability and are subject to change without notice.
- No changes can be made to Hawaiian Airlines bookings after the reservation has been made.
- Guests are advised to not bring large or heavy bags on the flight.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- A valid government-issued photo ID
- Closed toe shoes
- Passport (for international guests)
- For best picture-taking and views during the helicopter ride, wear darker colors to reduce window reflection.
Requirement(s) - Others
- Participants are required to sign a liability waiver at the time of check-in.
- Passengers must clear TSA at the Honolulu Airport, so please bring a passport or valid ID.
- For all island flights or day trips, the name should appear as it is on picture ID (license or passport). The airlines will deny boarding if the passenger's legal name, as shown on their valid government-issued ID does not match the name on their E-Ticket. If a passenger is denied boarding, there will be no refunds.
- All passengers 18 years old and above must present government-issued photo ID (Passport for non-US nationals) for airline check-in.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Drinks and meals are available for purchase
- Tour prices and features are seasonal, time permitting and subject to change without notice. Gray Line Hawaii/Polynesian Adventure Tours, LLC will not be liable for any injury, loss, damage, or accident to person or property of any individual on the tour from any cause beyond its control.
- Flight times and routes are subject to change due to weather, maintenance and passenger counts.
- In the event of inclement weather requires cancellation of the helicopter tour, guests will be refunded for the helicopter tour and will be welcomed on an extended sightseeing land tour including a visit to Liliuokalani Gardens, drive through Hilo town and Rainbow Falls.
- If guests prefer to remain at the Blue Hawaiian base to stand by for a possible helicopter tour departure later in the day, they may forego their sightseeing land tour although no refund will be available for that portion of tour. If helicopter tour is cancelled and guests wish to return to Honolulu earlier than their scheduled flight, a refund of helicopter portion (only) will be provided, and additional taxi, airline change fees, or other expenses will be the responsibility of the guest.
- We will not extend financial reimbursement to compensate for flight or traffic delays beyond reasonable control of the activity provider, or disappointment if circumstances make it impossible to provide services as intended. Examples may include, but are not limited to: unexpected closure of the lava viewing area, rain, or road closures.
- In compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulation, Blue Hawaiian Helicopters will weigh each individual, along with any hand carried items, when checking in at the heliports for safety and weight balance of the aircraft. We do this discreetly for your privacy. Please provide accurate body weights for all passengers. Misrepresentation of body weight could result in denial of service without refund.
- For each guest weighing more than more than 260 pounds (113 kg) on A-Star flights, an adjacent, empty seat purchase is required. The charge for an adjacent empty seat is 50% off of the helicopter price. This open seat ensures the comfort for you and all of our guests on your flight.
- This tour company cannot guarantee the viewing of active lava flow. Often, hiking over rough, uneven lava surfaces is required to view lava.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after the booking confirmation date will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- No name or date changes will be honored once booking is confirmed. Name or date changes after booking has been made will be assessed a change fee of up to $200 per person.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration incl. transportation||16 - 17 hour(s)|
|Availability||Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
Absolutely amazing! Overall Tour was very well organized and the views breathtaking! Leroy our tour guide was the best!
by: Betsy & Gary
This was truly a bucket list experience! The helicopter ride was absolutely incredible, the view of waterfalls and the volcano just awesome! KUddos to our young female pilot.
My husband decided we needed an excursion to the big Island to see the volcano. Did a helicopter tour and day trip. Everything was organized, convenient and no stress. Thank you.