Spectacular Haleakala Sunrise Tour Instant Confirmation
Travel to the summit of Maui's dormant volcano, Haleakala. Begin your morning by witnessing the sun rising at this spectacular national landmark.
Journey to the "house of the sun," where ancient Hawaiian myths tells how their demigod Maui lassoed the sun! Rising over 10,000 feet above sea level, Haleakala is one of Maui's most awe-inspiring sites. Awaken early and have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to witness the breaking of a new day at the top of this majestic mountain. You will visit the House of the Sun Visitor Center where you can learn more about the fascinating history and details of the mountain! You'll also make a stop at the picturesque Puu Ulaula Overlook. Don't miss this chance to get a Maui mountaintop "natural high!"
Please Note: Ticket prices vary depending on the activity date. Please consult the availability calendar for pricing details.
▼ Read more
GE Tax 4.166% included
- Duration (incl. transportation): 7.5 - 9.5 hour(s)
- Available: Sun, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Round-trip from Maui Hotels free x per personRound-trip from Maui Hotels free x per person
- Inclusion: Breakfast / Admission / Guide
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
02:30-03:40 Pick-up from Maui Hotels
03:30 Drive to Haleakala (2 hrs)
05:30 Sunrise at the Haleakala Visitor's Center (2 hrs)
07:30 Drive from Haleakala (2 hrs)
09:30 Breakfast Stop at Cafe O'Lei on the Greens (1 hr)
11:00-11:30 Drop-off at Maui Hotels
- Not recommended for people with heart or respiratory conditions that may be exacerbated due to high altitude.
- People who have gone scuba diving should wait 24 hours before going on this tour to mitigate the risk of decompression sickness.
- This tour is operated on very rough, winding roads. It is not recommended for pregnant women, those with back/joint problems or those prone to motion sickness.
- Wheelchair Accessibility: A transfer vehicle equipped with a lift is available with prior notification of at least one week. Please indicate during booking to secure arrangements. All stops and facilities visited are wheelchair accessible.
- The weather at the summit of Haleakala is unpredictable. Temperatures commonly range between 40° and 65°F, but can drop below freezing at anytime of year due to the wind chill factor. The weather changes rapidly on Haleakala. Intense sunlight, thick clouds, heavy rain and high winds can happen at any moment. Wear lightweight, layered clothing that will keep you warm even in wet weather, and sturdy, comfortable shoes.
- This activity is wheelchair accessible.
- Children of all ages can participate in this activity.
- Guests should not have serious fear of heights (acrophobia).
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Warm clothing
- Closed toe shoes
- If the sunset is not visible due to inclement weather conditions, refunds will not be issued on those grounds alone.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- The menu is subject to change without notice.
- The activity provider does not assume any responsibility for your valuables and/or personal belongings.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- Drinks are available for purchase.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 48.
Is this activity family-friendly?
- Yes, but families traveling with younger children should be sure to have them wear warm clothing.
How will I know my pick-up time?
- After you complete your booking, you will receive a confirmation e-mail which includes your check-in location and time.
What is the continental breakfast and breakfast menu?
- Continental Breakfast Menu: Various pastries and donuts at the Haleakala Visitor's Center
Breakfast Menu Choices:
- Fresh Fruit Plate: Fresh seasonal and tropical fruit with yogurt
- Dunes Breakfast: Two scramble eggs, two pieces of bacon, two pieces of pork sausage and hash brown potatoes
- Pancakes: Fluffy pancakes served with sweet butter, maple syrup and two link sausages
Includes a basket of toast on the table, assorted fruit jelly, sweet butter and either chilled POG (Passion Orange Guava) juice, freshly brewed coffee or tea.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 20:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration incl. transportation||7.5 - 9.5 hour(s)|
|Availability||Sun, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
by: Antonio Solano
Great trip , wonderful views and time Nellie great driver makes a very special experience
This is a must do. There is nothing like it. You are picked up early but it is well worth it. Once you get up to the summit and watch that breathtaking sunrise and view, you will not regret it. Our to...more
Our driver Rory was absolutely wonderful. He was very energetic and informative. The breakfast after the sunrise was also very good with huge portion sizes.