Hike, Dinner & Night Lava Viewing at Volcanoes National Park (from Kona) Instant Confirmation
Enjoy a breathtaking hike with a naturalist guide at the majestic Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and see glowing magma from the Jaggar Museum after sunset.
GE Tax 4.166% included
- Duration (incl. transportation): 11 - 13.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
You can choose either Pick-up (additional fee) or Check-in (free).
Round-trip from Waikoloa free x per personRound-trip from Waikoloa free x per person
Round-trip from Hapuna free x per personRound-trip from Hapuna free x per person
Round-trip from Kailua-Kona free x per personRound-trip from Kailua-Kona free x per person
- Inclusion: Soft drinks / Juice / Bottled water / Lunch / Dinner / Admission / Walking Stick / Flashlight / Day Pack / Warm Wear / Rain Poncho / Guide
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:45-11:00 Pick-up from Kona, Waikoloa & Hapuna Hotels
Saddle Road Sightseeing (60 mins)
Lunch at Mauna Kea State Park (30 mins)
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park & Picnic Dinner (6 hrs)Jaggar Museum, Halemaumau Crater, Steam and Sulfur vents, Kilauea Iki Crater Overlook, Devil's throat, Chain of Craters Road, Sea Arch.
Night viewing from the Caldera (30 mins)Lava viewing locations may change depending on current volcanic activity.
22:00-23:00 Drop-off at Kona, Waikoloa & Hapuna Hotels
- Guests with asthma or other respiratory problems are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- Guests who are pregnant are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain. You will sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Children of all ages can participate in this activity.
- Closed toe shoes
- Long pants
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- The menu is subject to change without notice.
- For those staying at hotels in Kona, you can meet at the Queen's Marketplace or check-in directly at Hawaii Forest & Trail headquarters.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- You can book a maximum of 12.
- Yes, there are veggie options for lunch and dinner.
- This activity is extremely popular so we recommend booking at least 2-3 weeks in advance. If you have very specific schedule requirements and are not flexible, please book sooner. Last minute availability is often possible, but limited.
- Stops vary depending on the weather, guide discretion and people on the tour. Your guides will try their best to cater to guests and their interests.
- Gratuity is never required, but if you enjoyed your experience a tip is always greatly appreciated!
- Yes, people of all ages are welcome on this activity, but please note that this is a 12-hour tour.
- Hike is rated Easy to Moderate, covering approximately 2 miles over uneven terrain.
Lunch: Choice of Deli Sandwich (Turkey, Ham, Tuna or Veggie), Chips, Chocolate Chip Cookies and assorted soft drinks and juices. All sandwiches are served on a whole wheat Kaiser roll with lettuce, tomato and Swiss cheese.
Dinner: Choice of Chilled Grilled Chicken or Tofu Veggie Wrap served over Roasted Vegetables, Quinoa, and a Dinner Roll with Butter
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 18:00, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount. (Parties of 5 or less)
Any cancellations made after 18:00, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount. (Parties of 6 to 9)
Any cancellations made after 18:00, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount. (Parties of 10 or more)
Taxes & fees included
|Duration incl. transportation||11 - 13.5 hour(s)|