Volcano Night Lava & Stargazing Tour (from Kona / Waikoloa / Kohala) Instant Confirmation
From the red glow of molten lava to the stars in night sky, experience the best of the Big Island on an intimate tour to Hilo and the volcanic craters of Kilauea.
Climb aboard a luxurious Mercedes Sprinter passenger van, and sit back in comfort as your expert guide takes you along the famous Saddle Road to some of the most popular locations in Hawaii. See the rainbows that fill the mists of Rainbow Falls and the famed Kamehameha Statue of Hilo Town before heading over to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Head out on a walk through the Thurston Lava Tube, have dinner at the Kilauea Lodge, see the red glow of the molten lava filling Halemaumau Crater and as the moon rises, with weather permitting, look up into the crystal clear sky for star and planet gazing.
▼ Read more
GE Tax 4.167% included
Explore the wonders of the Big Island on an amazing excursion to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Please Note: Ticket prices vary depending on the activity date. Please consult the availability calendar for pricing details.
- Duration (incl. transportation): 11 - 14 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
From Kona / Waikoloa / Kohala free x per personFrom Kona / Waikoloa / Kohala free x per person
- Inclusion: Beverages (no alcohol) / Beverages / Soft drinks / Juice / Bottled water / Coffee / Hot tea / Tea / Lunch / Dinner / Admission / Umbrella / Flashlight / Hot towel / Hot beverage (during stargazing) / Guide
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
10:00-12:10 Pick-up from Kona Hotels
11:00 Pick-up from Waikoloa & Kohala Hotels
Drive along Saddle Road (2 hrs)
Deli-Style Lunch at Mauna Kea State Park (1 hr)
Photo Stop at Rainbow Falls (20 mins)
Hilo’s King Kamehameha Statue & Visit Big Island Candies (30 mins)Passing by Hilo downtown, we’ll stop at the King Kamehameha statue and pay respects to Hawaii’s Great King. Stretch your legs and enjoy delicious candies and cookies at Big Island Candies!
Drive to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (1 hr)
Visit the Steam Vents (20 mins)
Walk through the Thurston Lava Tube (20 mins)
Dinner at Kilauea Lodge (1 hr)
View the nighttime lava glow at Halemaumau Crater (20 mins)
Laser-Pointer Stargazing (30 mins)This portion of the tour is weather dependent.
Return Drive (2 hrs)
23:00-23:45 Drop-off at Waikoloa, Kohala & Kona Hotels
- Guests who are pregnant are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- If less than 6 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- Children 5 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Walking shoes
- Comfortable clothing
- Sweatshirt / light jacket
- This activity operates regardless of weather.
- The menu is subject to change without notice.
- Start times vary seasonally depending on the sunrise and sunset.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- Drinks and snacks are available for purchase.
- There will be an English speaking guide for this activity.
What kind of vehicle will be used?
- You will be on a new 15-passenger Mercedes Sprinter van, and with a maximum of 10 passengers on each tour, your comfort is assured.
What is the lunch and dinner menu?
- Lunch Menu: (choice of one)
- Chicken Caesar Wrap with Penne Pasta Salad
- Ham & Cheese sandwich with Penne Pasta Salad
- Veggie Hummus Wrap with Fresh Fruit
Lunch Side Options: (choice of one)
- Garden Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Local Fruit
Dinner Menu: (choice of one)
- Fresh Catch of the Day
- New York Strip Steak
- Eggplant Marinara
Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free and other dietary restrictions can be accommodated with advance notice.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration incl. transportation||11 - 14 hour(s)|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
by: Cronin family
Although a little long in length, this tour was my favorite activity of our entire trip. We got to see a good portion of the island and its amazing landscape and learned a lot along the way. Our tour ...more
by: Carolyn K.
The day we six (6) friends took this tour was fantastic. Our guide, Nick, was super. He was attentive, interesting, and very funny. We covered a lot of ground and learned a lot about the big island. H...more