Waipio Valley & Black Sand Beach Hike Adventure Tour (from Kona / Waikoloa) Instant Confirmation
Embark on a hiking expedition to discover and learn about the cultural and spiritual history of Waipio Valley and its beautiful black sand beaches.
After a comfortable and informative drive from Kona and Waikoloa, your expert guide will take you to explore the quaint town of Honoka’a town. From there, hop on-board a rugged four-wheel-drive vehicle down into Waipio Valley to enjoy a delicious lunch at a private location on the valley floor. As you embark along a hiking trail to the famous Waipio Black Sand Beach, take the opportunity to view the beautiful surrounding waterfalls from the floor of the valley. Once at the beach, visit Paka’alana, the first temple built in Hawaii, and have a fantastic time frolicking in the ocean too!
▼ Read more
GE Tax 4.166% included
- Duration (incl. transportation): 7 - 10 hour(s)
- Available: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
- Pick-up: Available
- Inclusion: Bottled water / Lunch / Appetizers / Backpack / Guide / Rain Gear
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
07:30-09:10 Pick-up from Big Island Hotels
10:00 Free Time in Honokaa (30 min)
10:30 Drive into Waipio Valley (30 min)
11:00 Lunch at the Paka'alana Temple (30 min)
11:30 Hike (1.5 hrs)
13:00 Waipi'o Black Sand Beach (1 hr)
14:00 Depart Waipio Valley
- Guests with exhaustion are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- If less than 2 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- Children 6 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- The menu is subject to change without notice.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a minimum of 1 and maximum of 13.
What is the lunch menu?
- Your choice of a Kalua Pork Wrap, Hawaiian Chicken Wrap, Island Fish Wrap, or a Tofu Veggie Wrap. All options come with bottled water, juice and potato chips.
How strenuous is this activity?
- The hike is rated easy to moderate and you will be walking through streams, over wet rocks and it often rains in the area. Expect a crossing at a stream where you may get wet up to the knees.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 16:30, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Any cancellations made after 16:30, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a $25 charge per person.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration incl. transportation||7 - 10 hour(s)|
|Availability||Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
This is one of the best tours ever!!! Our tour guide was Elika, who is a native Hawaiian and spent several years in Waipi'o Valley. His knowledge of the history and importance of this valley to th...more